Nukote FR Intumescent Coating is a Class 1 fire-rated coating that forms an expanded carbonaceous layer that acts as a protective barrier against heat transfer and hinders the diffusion of combustible gases and melted polymer to the combustion site.
Nukote FR is a fast set, Class 1 fire-rated, multi-component, 1:1, 100% solids, hot liquid applied, modified polyurea liner system for wood, metal, concrete, fiberglass, and other substrates. Nukote FR is designed as a fire-rated membrane and performs well in anticorrosion and waterproofing applications on steel, concrete, and many other substrates. Nukote FR can be applied at temperatures ranging from-22° to 250° F (-30° to 120° C). Therefore, Nukote FR displays excellent fire resistance properties, chemical resistance, thermal stability, and UV resistance. Additionally, Nukote FR's moisture insensitivity and superior resistance to aggressive termites make it suitable for application on wooden utility poles.
- General fire protection on wood, utility poles, steel structures
- General waterproofing combined with fire protection on concrete
- Tunnel linings with improved fire rating properties
- Warehouse floorings for highly inflammable products
- Cargo holds, cargo liners
- Boat lining
- Horse trailers, walkways
- Encapsulation and protection of Fiberglass bodies
- Encapsulation and protection of Polystyrene, PU spray foams